Wednesday 14 May 2014

USA Trip 2014: Shopping!

Over the Easter holidays, The Beard and I took a little trip out to the USA. We did a little tour of the East Coast, taking in Washington D.C., Philadelphia and New York City. As well as sight seeing, I found a little time to do some shopping. After weeks poring over the websites of various US based stores, I finally got to flex some plastic and do some buying....

Sephora

This was the big shopping for me. I have been to Sephora in Prague and Rome but I don't think I've ever been to one in the USA before, as during my last trip I didn't have much time in NYC and there isn't one in Downtown Washington.

I spent hours looking at the website before we went, examining all the brands not available here in Europe, checking prices, making lists. So here is what I bought... (reviews to follow separately)

 

Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme in Shell and Cashmere

Cover FX Cream Concealer in N X Light and N Light

MD Solar Sciences Mineral Creme SPF 50 and Clinique City Block SPF 25

Korres Lip Butter in Guava and Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix

Tarte EmphasEYEs Liner, EmphasEYEs Inner Rim Brightener and Pure Maracuja Oil

Sephora Collection Eyeshadow in Secret Boudoir, Sephora Pencil Sharpener and Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink

MAC

I didn't buy that much in MAC, just the basic things that I use loads of and are much cheaper in the USA!

Opulash in Bad Bad Black, Prep and Prime Finishing Powder and Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly

Other

I also bought some underwear and clothes in Target, and some underwear and tights in Macys.
But the big purchase for me was a brand new suitcase. I needed a new one as my old one was used as a toilet by the cats and the wheels broke! I will be doing more travelling for work when I start my new job, so a new hardshell suitcase was pretty much a must have. Thankfully I found a very reasonably priced Samsonite in the sale in a bag store in a mall in Arlington.


1 comment:

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...