Wednesday 13 January 2016

A Song A Day: Gloryhammer "Rise of the Chaos Wizards"

Gloryhammer were recommended to me by a couple of friends last year and I only really got round to giving them more attention just before Christmas when I put a couple of their songs one my current listens playlist on YouTube. Then this morning when I woke up I read SteffMetal's post on her Top 10 albums of 2015 and "Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards" made her cut. That was it. Since 7am this morning I have had the title track stuck in my head.

When I first fired this track up on YouTube last year, it was a moment of pure pleasure. Bombastic sound, crazy imagery and the kind of piano chords that make a sometime pianist like myself jump with joy. If I hadn't been in the office I probably would have leapt up and struck some kind of air punching pose!
Gloryhammer most definitely deserve a place in my music collection - they embody the more epic side of metal that doesn't take itself too seriously. Sometimes I think we all need a bit of that!

So without further ado, I present to you Gloryhammer, and "Rise of the Chaos Wizards".





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, please leave them below!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...